past in flames

Sunday, February 01, 2015

IMG_0256es
IMG_0255es
IMG_0261es
IMG_0252es
IMG_0251es

Another ordinary day in August. It was my decision, that evening, to set fire to my past. Well-thought-out I lit the fire and watched that part of me burst into flames. Their sound broke the solemn silence. I spent hours listening to its comforting crackle destroying my memories. It was an enlightment, a savlation. The warmth of ease filled every cell of my body and radiated into the whole future. I was soon blinded by the glaring light of hope and naivety.
Last night I finally found myself standing there again in front of everything that remained. Only a skeleton of a tree was left, surrounded by a wasteland covered in the ashes of my past. Every step I took let the dust raise to fill my lungs with a million particles of thick ash. Tnere I lay. Unable to breathe, condemned to feel.

You Might Also Like

6 thoughts

  1. Schöne Fotos, schöner Text :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, das ist atemberaubend! das goldene licht, die szene hinter dir und deine ausdrücke - passt alles perfekt zusammen♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors in your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing contrast, colors and dept c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mal wieder soooooo tolle Bilder und ein wunderschöner Text :)
    LG Juli von Rahmenlos

    ReplyDelete

Followers